As winter approaches, make some of this hearty and tasty fish soup to warm your insides!
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2200ml of water
- 1 catty of Indian Mackerel 倒甲池魚/池魚
- 2 medium/large potatoes
- Ginger, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion
- 1½ Tbsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp oil
- Pour 2200ml of water into a medium/large soup pot and bring it to boil.
- Peel the ginger, then smash it with the end of a chopping knife.
- Peeled and chop the tomatoes, potatoes and onion into cubes.
- Put the salt, ginger, chopped tomatoes, potatoes and onion into the boiling water, then cover the pot.
- Wash the mackerel well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan using medium fire, then pan-fry the fish for around one and half minutes on each side.
- Put the fish into a fish bag and add it into the pot.
- Set timer for 135 min, and it will be ready to serve.
You’ll have a very tasty, creamy and naturally sweetened Chinese-style fish soup for dinner or lunch.
Excellent companion to stir-fried vegetables and rice.