This is a simple and healthy meal that’s delicious and easy to prepare.
Ingredients for 3 to 4 servings
- 100g Canadian giant scallops or regular scallops
- ½ red onion
- 3 Swiss white mushroom
- ½ organic romaine lettuce
- 1 Japanese cucumber
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Thin layer of sea salt (top and bottom of the scallops)
- ½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¾ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoons of black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons of organic Veganaise (mayo alternative)
- ½ teaspoons of dill weed
- Rinse a ½ head of organic romaine lettuce, then hand rip the lettuce into 1.5″ size and put it in the salad bowl.
- Slice ½ red onion, 3 mushrooms and 1 Japanese cucumber, and put it in the salad bowl.
- DIY salad dressing – Mix well 3-4 tablespoons of organic Veganaise (mayo alternative), 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt, ¾ teaspoon of paprika, ½ a teaspoon of black pepper, and ½ a teaspoon of dill weed.
- Put the salad in the refrigerator to chill for 10-15 min (while preparing the pan-fried scallops).
- Rinse the scallops, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle scallops with a thin layer of sea salt (top and bottom of the scallops), and let it season for a few minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil onto the pan, and turn on the stove to medium heat.
- Place the scallops in the frying pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side. The scallops should be lightly browned.
- Pull out the salads from the refrigerator, divide salad among 2 plates, top with scallops.
- Sprinkle some green Thai lime juice over the salad and it is now ready to eat!